Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What We Did Tonight...

It is SO fun being a parent. I got the biggest kick out of decorating for St. Patty's day 2011. I have to admit, this little "holiday" has freaked me out for most of my life. I remember going to Elementary school and there being green feet all over the walls and on our chalk boards. Something about little green men everywhere didn't sit very well with me... still doesn't, but I think of it more in terms of the boys now. It's not about me. They absolutely LOVED setting up the leprechaun trap with their Dad. I love making these memories. There really isn't anything better than this!

Coming through the front door...


Heading up the stairs...


THE TRAP!


we used broccoli for bait... because... well... it's green so leprechaun's MUST like it...right?!


Heading to the fridge to get a drink... (we ran out of green paper...so we used window paint...luckily we had some. We'll just say he took off his shoes)


Feet and messy hand print to open the fridge (we were laughing so hard at ourselves trying to figure out how to do the hand print)


The drink of water...that turned green (thanks to food coloring) because he drank it...


He left gold nuggets on their breakfast chairs...


And right next to each of them...




and they'll find other gold nuggets in random spots too!

He also used the toilet but you get the idea of that... you don't need to see the green water ;)

Happy St. Patty's day. Hopefully you have something pinch proof to wear!

No comments: